Step 1: Prepare Mayonnaise Spread
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, green onion, dill weed, capers, horseradish, and pepper. Set it aside.
Step 2: Assemble Smoked Sandwich
Spread the butter thinly over pumpernickel bread slices. Spread mayonnaise mixture on each bread slice. Divide salmon and cucumber slices evenly over 4 slices of bread; top with remaining bread slices. Cut each sandwich in a half diagonally.
Note: - You may also cut in quarters or small rounds based on your choice. Transfer to a serving plate and serve.
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon Freshly Green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon prepared Horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Dill Weed, chopped
- Black pepper
- 2 Tablespoon Butter (room temperature)
- 4 to 6 pieces Smoked salmon, slices
- 8 Slices Pumpernickel Bread
- 12 sliced Cucumber thinly sliced